Want to go Barging in England?
When it comes to river cruises, England is sometimes overlooked as a potential source of fabulous opportunities. The River Thames has a lot to offer, as guests who book a room on this luxury hotel barge will discover. When you experience English river cruises, the quaint, scenic countryside opens up before you.
Hotel Barge Magna Carta
Magna Carta will take you on a slow, meandering journey along the prettiest stretches of the River Thames, past Royal Palaces, quaint riverside towns and villages – a captivating mixture of olde worlde England and the natural beauty of the surrounding countryside.
From Henry VIII’s Hampton Court past Windsor Castle to Henley, with frequent stops allowing plenty of time to wander and explore as we follow this old Viking trading route through some of England’s prettiest counties. During the cruise, there is a diverse programme of escorted visits along the way – art galleries, stately homes including the real “Downton Abbey”, even a boatyard that has been building traditional river craft for centuries. There are also good cycling and walking opportunities along the ever-present Thames Towpath.
Magna Carta is a hotel barge that accommodates 8 guests and is one of the finest vessels cruising the waters of the British Isles today. Originally built in the 1930’s, today she is a luxurious and spacious ‘floating country hotel’ boasting a combination of traditional and contemporary features that create a very inviting ambience on board.
There is great attention to detail with the use of fine mahogany, teak and oak woods throughout, complemented by modern amenities such as under floor heating and TV/DVD players in the cabin suites.
The large saloon and dining area feature picture windows and stylish furnishings, and the sense of refined space continues in the four very generous, air-conditioned twin/double suites, with their combination of period furniture and contemporary en-suite shower rooms.
Outside you can unwind in the heated spa pool, or enjoy a mouth-watering alfresco lunch prepared by your onboard master chef as you get admiring glances from passers-by.
- ✓Explore Henry VIII’s Hampton Court Palace
- ✓Moor beneath and visit Windsor Castle
- ✓Visit the Tudor manor house of Dorney Court
- ✓Tour the Stanley Spencer Gallery at Cookham
- ✓English cream tea at the Stafford Hotel, London
- ✓Visit Henley-on-Thames, the Royal Regatta town
- ✓Tour of Christ Church College, Oxford
- ✓Great walking and bicycling opportunities along the Thames Footpath
- ✓Tour of Highclere Castle (Downton Abbey) on selected departures
Hotel Barge Magna Carta
Confirmed cruise dates for 2018: April 1 & 8; May 6 & 27; Jul 8, 15 & 22; Aug 12; Sep 2
|Per Person Suite||Charter Entire Barge for 6 Passengers||Charger Entire Barge for 7 Passengers||Charter Entire Barge for 8 Passengers|
|From $5,350 USD||From $35,900 USD($5,984/person)||From $37,500 USD($5,357/person)||From $39,100 USD($4,888/person)|
Each hotel barge cruise includes:
- ✓Comfortable accommodation in air-conditioned, ensuite staterooms or suites
- ✓Gourmet meals prepared by the on-board chef, fine wines and an open bar
- ✓Daily escorted excursions in an air-conditioned minibus to places of interest and private wine tastings
- ✓Local transfers e.g. to and from Paris
- ✓Bicycles and, on most hotel barges, an on-deck spa pool
- ✓Attentive service from an experienced crew – Captain, chef, tour-guide, and hosts/hostesses