FRENCH ESCAPADE RIVER CRUISING
This is a northbound tour Monte Carlo to Paris and is one of the most enjoyable river cruises in France. You’ll journey from the jet-setting capital of Monte-Carlo into Provence then Arles to board the ms Emerald for a cruise along the Rhône River to Lyon and then the Saône.
Travel into the countryside past vineyards where some of the world’s best grapes become some of the world’s best wines, stopping to taste some of them. Discover river towns with Roman roots and lingering traces of medieval magic in their streets, experience the cowboy traditions and cuisine of La Camargue, and sample the pleasures of regional cuisine and wine throughout your trip.
Explore a palace fit for a pope and an abbey that was once one of the most powerful in Europe. You’ll find something new, something wonderful every day. And during two nights in Paris, you’ll dine at chic Fouquet’s on the Champs-Élysées
French Escapade River Cruising
Nice and Monte Carlo – Arles – Camargue – Avignon – Vienne – Macon & Cluny
– Chalon sur Saône – Tournus – Lyon – Paris
Depart September 11, 2018
14-Days From $9,990 CAD per person double*
Cruise onlyCategory 3 cabin
Travelling Well Includes
- ✓Gratuities to ship staff, drivers, local guides, Tauck Directors and Tauck Cruise Director
- ✓All private Tauck shore excursions – CAD $5,500 Value!
- ✓TAUCK EXCLUSIVE – Private gala evening at the recently restored Chateau of the medieval Duchy d’Uzès
- ✓TAUCK EXCLUSIVE – La Camargue excursion to meet the family of a working farm for a Provençal lunch & a cowboy demonstration with prized black bulls
- ✓Farewell dinner in Paris at the famous Fouquet’s brasserie on the Champs-Élysées
- ✓Exploration of the Rhône and Saône wine country with vineyard visits and wine tastings in Châteauneuf-du-Pape and Mercurey
- ✓Tasting tour of local food shops in Chalon-sur-Saône
- ✓Visits to historic Cluny Abbey, Avignon’s Palais des Papes, and France’s renowned Haras National de Cluny equestrian center
- ✓Choice of art museum visits in Paris, including the Musée d’Orsay and the Musée Rodin
- ✓Unlimited complimentary beverages aboard ship now include regional wine, beer and premium spirits in addition to specialty coffee, water and soft drinks.
- ✓Airport and train station transfers upon arrival and departure as noted
- ✓13 breakfasts, 8 lunches and 11 dinners; select meals in local restaurants; service charges, taxes, porterage, and applicable fuel surcharges
*Cruise price per person, based on double occupancy, includes cruise fare, most meals, port charges, shore excursions, applicable fuel surcharges, and gratuities to Tauck Directors, Tauck Cruise Director, ship staff, local guides & drivers, as well as on all included meals.
Unlimited complimentary beverages aboard ship now include regional wine, beer and premium spirits in addition to specialty coffee, water and soft drinks.